Sunday, April 14, 2019

Any Weekend I Could Escape Gravel

Image result for cowtown ballroom kansas city mo


Joint high and music driven
Kansas City lights guided me
to the rock vibrations
of Cowtown Palace.

Thirty first and Gillham
was the hum lane of engines
seeking the golden calf
of guitar jubilation.

Wood and concrete supported
hip to hip drug angels absorbing
tunes through every pore of flesh
and brain wave that worshiped rhythm.

Any weekend I could escape gravel
I traveled asphalt to a Kansas City Ballroom
where in the crush of dancing bodies
I felt forever twenty-one.

 ©Susie Clevenger 2019



#NaPoWriMo2019




4 comments:

  1. Kansas City and feeling forever twenty-one. How cool. Loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...sigh. Each stanza delightfully written - honest and brazen - youth is like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredibly evocative!💞 We need an escape every now and then.

    ReplyDelete