Tuesday, July 23, 2024

The B(itch) of Beige ~ Sarcasm Intended


I don’t like herds
or sheep parkas
that smell like gaslighting.

The crazy of a pencil puppet
is the ride on the dotted line
too often leads to becoming a robot. 

I’m not so naïve as to not understand
I must occasionally allow myself
to appear to be a hostage of conformity.
You know, dress in faux beige so I can
pretend I never read a book or understand
history has a catalogue of too often repeated. 

Oh, if I were truly a Bitch Goddess
I’d slap minds with my opinions 
until my tantrums carved them
into my likeness, but I can be wrong.
(I’m so humble.)
So, I acknowledge my broom may
have a few loose straws that 
require attention. 

It is difficult to walk the tight rope
between unhinged and a bit stable.
I do wear sensible shoes though,
and apply my sarcasm only when needed.

©Susie Clevenger 2024

When I write, I'm never sure where I will
end up, but I chose the word beige and got curious
about its symbolism. My fingers rushed to Google
to discover there is much to know about beige.

Symbolism Of Beige
Symbolically, the color beige brings
 a sense of energy and strength – 
a trustworthy, dependable kind. 
 This is due to intellectual abilities,
 wisdom, ideas and knowledge.

Hmmm, Obama's suit. 

 

9 comments:

  1. Oh! My! God! I adore this poem from first line to last! Grinned all the way down the page. I especially love the broom that has a few loose straws that require attention. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at the "I'm so humble"! Until I read the definitions at the end, I never would have thought of you and beige in the same sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this poem - particularly the ending verse which wraps it up superbly - comfy shoes are the best - Jae

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooooove... 😍 every last damn word! 😎 Beige... Bitch Energy in Great Extravagance... 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really loved this one! My favorite stanza is:
    "It is difficult to walk the tight rope
    between unhinged and a bit stable.
    I do wear sensible shoes though,
    and apply my sarcasm only when needed."
    Really a perfect word picture. Made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My smile reading this masterpiece of wit and sarcasm couldn't have been wider, Susie, but my favorite lines were,
    "(I’m so humble.)
    So, I acknowledge my broom may
    have a few loose straws that
    require attention."
    A delightful read with more than a few nuggets of home-truths.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The broom with a few loose straws that require attention made me grin! Sensible shoes are a must! Great work, Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. “So, I acknowledge my broom may
    have a few loose straws that
    require attention. ”

    So important for all of us! I don’t know why it seems so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant, brave, and absolutely wonderful Susie! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete