Monday, June 24, 2019

Sass Comes in Waves

Photo Artistry by Erik Johansson Master Photo-manipulation Artist


I’ll carry my bucket of tears
to the beach so I can bury his name
in the hottest part of August.

There’s always a blues song
splashing against the sky
where water dances in sighs.

Not everything’s ugly in the moan,
sass comes in waves to drop
a little hell in the spray so
the dead of night won’t be lonely.

Misery loves harmony, but
she won't like it when
I won’t let her sing the chorus.

©Susie Clevenger 2019

3 comments:

  1. When things get ugly sometimes we need some sass to break through the muck. I absolutely love this Susie! Every stanza a masterpiece, but the closing lines are priceless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful writing, Susie. The first stanza is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete