Sunday, November 19, 2017

Claws on the Lock


You’ve put your Adam lock
on every door.
Placed that sign
“Admission is by Submission”
right in the middle of the back
of the line.

There’s a whole lot of female
sitting on those clock hands
you keep trying to tie an apron on.

Moving backwards is not forward.
Staying the same won’t progress.

For every bolt you place on a door
there are claws ready to pick the lock.

©Susie Clevenger 2017

I am very blessed to have a husband who has treated my daughters and I with respect, encouraged us to dream and walk our own truths. I am also blessed to have incredible males in my life who support and work for equality in all aspects of life. Many women don't have that support. I fear where we are standing and where we our heading in the United States. Silence is not an option.

Real Toads Weekend Mini-Challenge ~ Doors

5 comments:

  1. I have always harbored the illusion that good poetry is just one bubble off level. Nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Susie the sooner more women see that staying the same won't progress the sooner the oligarch patriarchy can be shut in their own closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the claws pick the lock!
    Brilliant write Susie.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a powerful close on this one, Susie! I too am grateful for supportive males in my family.

    ReplyDelete